According to Huxley(1965),We also receive a sociocultural inheritance that is the end product of many thousands of years of social evolution-the significance of which was well pointed up: “A child who is born in a family of today’s society might have the native or genetic capacities not better than the child born in a family of upper Paleolithic cave-dwellers, but the difference is clearly visible in today’s bright child who may become an engineer, doctor, or scientist while the child of a cave-dwellers family is a hunter or food-gatherer who uses crudest of stone tools, lives in a narrow world of trees and swamps, besides, thinking about some hazy system of magic. Ancient and modern, the two babies are indistinguishable but the adults into whom they will grow are deeply dissimilar.
- Each and every group make attempts to teach its own cultural patterns in a systematic way and the individuals who are members of the group conform to some “basic personality types.” It depends on the environment as individuals who are reared among headhunters become headhunters. Now, it is to be noted that in the same way non-violence is found. Social set-up paves the way for different characteristics, such as, kind, peaceful, cooperative and on the contrary warlike, suspicious, and vengeful.
- If education is more uniform and thorough of the kids of a group it will, invariably, give way to the same characteristics. Certain core values, social roles for example, succession of roles like child, student, worker, husband or wife, parent, and senior citizen, role demands can be induced by positive and negative reinforcers for instance money, prestige, status, punishment, or loss of membership, and the personality development reflects experiences with those who were key individuals. It is clearly visible that sociocultural environment as a determinant in subgroups,such as, family, sex,age, social class, occupational, and religious groups is the focus of concern and these foster beliefs and norms of their own. The behavior patterns depend on models.
- Low socioeconomic class, the lower the socioeconomic level, the higher the incidence of abnormal behavior, pave the way for some disorders that may be related to social class only minimally or not even related. Prevalence of abnormal behavior may be due to conditions under which lower class kids are reared or not equipped with coping skills needed.
- Disorder-engendering social roles.A soldier who kills and maim other human beings may develop feelings of guilt. Sometimes, militaristic regimes and organizations foster problematic social roles. Some of gangs demand extreme cruelty.
- prejudice and discrimination. It may be the outcome of or subjected to demoralizing stereotypes. Though progress in race relations but lingering effects of mistrust, discomfort among cultural groups, and various other hidden groups can be observed in. non-verbal mode of communication. Six.Economic and employment problems. It happens due to economic difficulties and unemployment that enhance vulnerability to abnormal behavior. Recession and inflation alongwith unemployment are source of chronic anxiety. 7.Social change and uncertainty. All aspects of one’s life are affected- education, job, family life, leisure pursuits, economic security and beliefs plus values.It is different today in comparison of the ancestors, new adjustments demanded by these changes become a source of stress. Autonomic function, that means a physiological process primarily under the control of the autonomic nervous system gives rise to mental disorder. “Mr. IRK who had got training to cause difficulties in the life of a person had engulfed himself in those conditions once he created for another.”